Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Weekend

We didn't do much this weekend.  I had a hair appointment Saturday morning which left Todd with the kiddos.  Then I volunteered him to help at the houseboat, which meant Nana watched the kiddos.  I went to help Nana as soon as I was finished.

On the way to the houseboat, Todd stopped and bought Parker and Evan a new fishing rod.  By the time I got to the houseboat: Evan had dropped his rod in the water, Nana retrieved it.  Evan had hooked Parker in the back, Nana removed the hook from Parker and from Evan's rod.  Evan dropped his rod a second time, then sister jumped in to get it with her rod in her hand (she is a great sister) and needless to say, there are 2 brand new fishing rods at the bottom of the river close to the houseboat.  Now I know why my grandmother always made us use cane poles to fish with when we were little :).  Parker did get to swim, which she loves.  Thanks to Mr. Rodger, she got to ride on a jet ski for the first time. 


Nana said Evan got in once but he wouldn't get in again.

Saturday evening we went to our good friends The Shuttlesworth's house for dinner and play time for all.

On Sunday, Parker went to a friend's birthday party.  It was a tea party and was very fun.



I forgot to mention in the blog about our beach vacation that we purchased a hermit crab, well it died within a week, so after the party Parker and I went to PetSmart and purchased 2 new crabs and some items for them.  You may could call me a sucker :)

We ended the evening with dinner and a visit from Memaw and Pawpaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment